Summer and Spring camps are very unique and differ from typical summer camps, where there is not much emphasis on developing technique and technical skills. Week-long camps will be developed and instructed by Urska Dvorsek and will combine best practices from ITF guidelines and Quickstart program in order to develop effective tennis players for the future. The groups will be designed based on ability and there will be anywhere from minimum of 4 kids to maximum of 8 kids in a group.
The program will be 3 hours long, from 9am-12pm. After 90 minutes there will be 10 minutes break, where youngsters will have time to have some free time a grab a quick snack.
Tentative Program Schedule
- 9am-9.30am Warm up with various different games such as tag, soccer, basketball
- 9.30am-10am Work on the shot of the day such as forehand, backhand, serve, volley
- 10.00am-10.30am Use the shot of the day in various drills
- 10.30am-10.40am Break
- 10.40am-11.00am Consistency and target drills
- 11.00am-11.40am Play “real” tennis games
- 11.40am-12.00pm Footwork and team competitions